Left: Erin Tobin, Preservation League of NY; Right: Robin Rosenberg, President, Garnerville Arts & Industrial Center

News

Posted on June 9, 2013

Garnerville Arts & Industrial Center Announces State Historic Register Listing

First Niagara Foundation Helps Jump Start Campaign to Restore GARNER Arts Center

GARNERVILLE, N.Y. – May 14, 2013 -– Local dignitaries including State, County, Town and Village officials today joined with the GARNER Arts Center (formerly GAGA) leadership and the Preservation League of New York for a major announcements regarding restoration and preservation at the Garnerville complex. The Preservation League announced Garnerville Arts & Industrial Center’s listing on the State Register of Historic Places as the “Rockland Print Works Historic District”

Continue Reading


Preservation League adds Garnerville Arts Center to Seven to Save list of endangered places for 2012-13

ALBANY, April 23, 2012 – The Preservation League of New York State has named Garnerville Arts Center located 30 miles north of New York City in the lower Hudson Valley to its list of the Empire State’s most threatened historic resources, Seven to Save.

Continue Reading


February 2, 2007

Historical Society of Rockland County Presents Preservation Award to Garnerville Arts and Industrial Center

County Executive C. Scott Vanderhoef and Historical Society of Rockland County Executive Director Erin Martin presented the Garnerville Arts & Industrial Center with a Preservation Award, for Adaptive and Continuing Use of historic buildings. “The complex dates back to 1828, when it was a calico printing factory. The Garner family purchased the complex in 1838. Called Rockland Print Works, the plant manufactured uniforms for the Union during the Civil War. The plant closed during the Depression. The current owner, The Garnerville Holding Company, initially offered free rent to lure back textile manufacturers, which occupied the site for the next 40 years. Since the mid-1990′s, the center has been home to a flourishing arts community.”